What is Solace of Eternity?
Solace of Eternity (SoE) is actually an on-line collectible cardgame (CCG) that will eventually go to print. We currently use the LackeyCCG client to play together, but this is a general client meant for any CCG. Kae is coding a new client which will which be tailored to the SoE experience and be much more intuitive. This is a quick setup guide on how to get SoE running.
Installing Lackey and SoE
1. Download LackeyCCG.
The program doesn't have an installer, so extract the downloaded file to a convenient location.
2. Download the latest version of SoE.
3. Extract the downloaded file into your LackeyCCG/folder, which is located where you placed it in step 1.
4. In your LackeyCCG folder, run LackeyCCG Updater.exe. Click on ‘Install or Update’; once it’s finished updating click on ‘Launch LackeyCCG’.
5. In LackeyCCG you will notice 5 tabs along the top (Main Menu, Game, Deck Editor, Server, Preferences). Click on Preferences. Along the top are 8 tabs (Plugin, Player Profile, Appearance, Gameplay, Chat, Skins, Sound, Miscellaneous).
1. In Preferences in the plugin tab, you will see a section called Plugin Preferences. Click on Browse, select soe, and then press ‘Choose’. Click on Load Plugin.
2. In Preferences in the Player Profile tab, enter a name, select an avatar, and choose a dark color that is not black. Click ‘Save Profile’.
3. In Preferences in the Sounds tab, uncheck ‘Enable Sound’. Trust me.
Updating SoE – you must have the latest patch to play
1. Make a backup of your decks folder (so you don't lose your decks); you will find this in LackeyCCG/plugins/soe/decks.
2. Delete the soe folder in plugins.
3. Extract the new soe folder to LackeyCCG/plugins/soe.
4. Add all the files in the backup of your decks folder (from step 1) to the empty decks folder which yo will find in LackeyCCG/plugins/soe/decks.
*It is possible to skip steps 1, 2, and 4, but people have lost decks in this manner.
1. You need an opponent to play SoE. If you do not have one check the #soe IRC channel on Quakenet.
2. You need a deck to play SoE. If you do not have one, either build your own with the Deck Builder, or acquire one from another player (in or out of game) and place the deck file (.dek or .txt) into your LackeyCCG/plugins/soe/decks folder.
3. Open Lackey, go to the Server tab, and click ‘Refresh Server List from Tracker’.
4. After a brief pause, the list will load on the right. If you are joining a game, select it, then click ‘Join Selected Game’. If you are hosting a game, click ‘Host Game’. In the next screen, have it find your IP/port automatically, check ‘Host via Proxy’, enter the gamename, and click ‘Host Game’.
5. When you and your opponent have joined the game, make sure you (and only you two) are seated on the left. Observers should occupy empty seats (the game host can add seats by right clicking on a slot). Each player should rightclick on their avatar and select ‘Load selected deck’, and their deck name.
You are now ready to play: commands to play the game are outside of the scope of this guide.